Frog salad? BJs in California served up dead amphibian in its restaurant, woman claims

A woman from San Dimas, Calif ., tells Fox News she was beyond grossed out after learning a dead frog in a salad she prescribed from BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse.

Cepeda and their own families were dining at the BJs in West Covina when she claims she noticed something off about her salad but simply after she took several gnaws and savoured something a little sour, reports the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

I see something various kinds of rolled up, Covina told the Tribune. I transferred it to my husband. I questioned, Is that a piece of lettuce?


To Cepedas horror, her husband and daughter surveyed the salad and broke the information that , no, it wasnt lettuce.

Its a frickin frog, Cepedas partner responded.

In her precede one-star Yelp refresh, Cepeda, 40, adds she advised the manager about the unwanted fixin, but this is the only way offered to comp her meal.

I told him this frog could contain salmonella and who knows how long it’s been sitting in a develop luggage, she wrote.

He still prepared us pay for our liquors which dwell[ ed] of three brews total! she added.

Cepeda further tells Fox News that the staff appeared to do nothing to prevent fellow diners from similar contamination.

The restaurant did nothing about notifying any other purchasers there that night[ “whos”] ingesting salad, pronounces Cepeda. At that stage, all the salad is infected and people needed to know they had a potential to get sick.


Indeed, Cepeda told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that shes appeared queasy since the incident. She went to a doctor who told her she wasnt suffering from salmonella poisoning healthy amphibians can carry salmonella, according to the CDC but he prescribed antibiotics to plow a possible bacterial illnes she may have contracted.

BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse has since contacted out to her, but Cepeda claims their response was a little lacking.

I received a phone call from the corporate agency with an defense followed by a $50 endowment placard, Cepeda tells Fox News. First of all, I’m never eating there again, and second, they made by sending $50, that was going to say sorry for the dead frog that was missing its guts.”

I would then be fine with the I’m sorry, and thats it.

In the following statement obtained by Fox News, such other representatives for BJ’s Restaurant claims the company is looking into the situation.

“Guest satisfaction and tone govern are our highest priorities, ” reads the statement. “We take places like this very seriously and have propelled an internal investigation including discussions with our suppliers and distributors is so that good-for-nothing like this happens in the future.”

The case has also been referred to the California Department of Public Health, an sleuth for the Los Angeles Department of Public Health confirmed to the San Gabriel Valley Times.

Read more: http :// food-drink/ 2017/06/ 23/ frog-salad-woman-finds-dead-amphibian-in-bjs-restaurant-meal-shares-photos.html